CASIMIRA

CASIMIRA
HERstory through ART
With words and images, I am telling my story.

Through art, I am remembering HERstory...

I've been blogging daily since 2007.

Follow me on HERE and HERE for daily posts...

S H O P online...original artwork, prints, totes, and more...


SHOP ONLINE

SHOP ONLINE
original artwork, prints and more...

Updated Daily: January 2007 - February 2020

SEARCH ARCHIVES

Wednesday, April 18

the church fundraiser

2007 Untitled sketch from journal
The vintage car was parked in a handicapped space. The two women must have been in their late 80’s. Both had white cotton-candy hair and dressed in similar hand-knit cardigans with laced-up orthopedic shoes. The taller senior wore a golden crucifix. One of them had a walker, the other a grocery cart. The two were busy whispering, giggling and unloading something from the trunk of the car. When I passed by, they smiled mischievously. I smiled back, finally noticing three cases of enormous wine bottles going from trunk to cart...

excerpt from today’s journal entry