CASIMIRA

CASIMIRA
HERstory through ART
With words and images, I am telling my story.

Through art, I am remembering HERstory...

I've been blogging daily since 2007.

Follow me on HERE and HERE for daily posts...

S H O P online...original artwork, prints, totes, and more...


SHOP ONLINE

SHOP ONLINE
original artwork, prints and more...

Updated Daily: January 2007 - February 2020

SEARCH ARCHIVES

Saturday, March 15

Diana Vreeland

2008 mixed media

Elegance is innate.
It has nothing to do with being well dressed.
Elegance is refusal.

- Diana Vreeland (1903-1989)



Some of the most elegant women I’ve met have never worn designer rags.

They are neither famous nor infamous.

These women carry themselves with a deep sense of self-confidence that does not come from carrying the latest Dior or Chanel handbag.

Instead of Jimmy Choo and Manolo Blahnik, they often go barefoot and occasionally don simple sandals or flip-flops.

These women refuse to let poverty alter their sense of worth; they are rich in spirit...