CASIMIRA

CASIMIRA
HERstory through ART
With words and images, I am telling my story.

Through art, I am remembering HERstory...

I've been blogging daily since 2007.

Follow me on HERE and HERE for daily posts...

S H O P online...original artwork, prints, totes, and more...


SHOP ONLINE

SHOP ONLINE
original artwork, prints and more...

Updated Daily: January 2007 - February 2020

SEARCH ARCHIVES

Monday, September 1

Amy Lowell

2008 mixed media
They took dead men's souls
And pinned them on their breasts for ornament;
Their cuff-links and tiaras
Were gems dug from a grave;
They were ghouls battening on exhumed thoughts;
And I took a green liqueur from a servant
So that he might come near me
And give me the comfort of a living thing.

- Amy Lowell (1874 – 1925)
It was the middle of the night...
...or perhaps early morning, before dawn.
I heard her voice as clearly as if she were in the room with me.

“Estan vendiendo mis joyas... / They are selling my jewels...”

It was not the first time I received messages from the dead.
It was not the first time her adult children betrayed her.