CASIMIRA

CASIMIRA
HERstory through ART
With words and images, I am telling my story.

Through art, I am remembering HERstory...

I've been blogging daily since 2007.

Follow me on HERE and HERE for daily posts...

S H O P online...original artwork, prints, totes, and more...


SHOP ONLINE

SHOP ONLINE
original artwork, prints and more...

Updated Daily: January 2007 - February 2020

SEARCH ARCHIVES

Monday, December 5

medicine women in communion with the spirit world

"The traditions of our people are handed down from father to son. The Chief is considered to be the most learned, and the leader of the tribe. The Medicine Man, however, is thought to have more inspiration. He is supposed to be in communion with spirits..."

- Sarah Winnemucca (1844-1891)

What traditions have we been handed down and by whom?

When are we Chiefs of our tribes?

How are we Medicine Women in communion with the spirit world?