CASIMIRA

CASIMIRA
HERstory through ART
With words and images, I am telling my story.

Through art, I am remembering HERstory...

I've been blogging daily since 2007.

Follow me on HERE and HERE for daily posts...

S H O P online...original artwork, prints, totes, and more...


SHOP ONLINE

SHOP ONLINE
original artwork, prints and more...

Updated Daily: January 2007 - February 2020

SEARCH ARCHIVES

Sunday, February 8

authentic love


"...After a year of passionate romance with a handsome, charismatic man, I was stunned when he began to abuse me. 

I believed he was lashing out because he was in pain, and needed help. 

I believed my compassion could restore him and our relationship. 

My empathy was used against me. I was terrified of him and ashamed I was in this position. 

What bound me to him was my desire to heal him. 

My compassion was incomplete because it did not include me...

...Authentic love does not devalue another human being. Authentic love does not silence, shame or abuse. 

If you are in a relationship with someone who does not honor or respect you, I want you you to know you are worthy of love. Please reach out for help. 

Your voice will save you. Let it extend into the night. Let it part the darkness. Let it set you free to know who you truly are. Valuable. Beautiful. Loved."

- Brooke Axtell

...a powerful and important message delivered at tonight's Grammy Awards...