CASIMIRA

CASIMIRA
HERstory through ART
With words and images, I am telling my story.

Through art, I am remembering HERstory...

I've been blogging daily since 2007.

Follow me on HERE and HERE for daily posts...

S H O P online...original artwork, prints, totes, and more...


SHOP ONLINE

SHOP ONLINE
original artwork, prints and more...

Updated Daily: January 2007 - February 2020

SEARCH ARCHIVES

Saturday, October 24

el fado de Mariza


"What I think happens is, society has been more open to see a woman crying and putting out her emotions than a man. Normally you don't like to see a man crying about his feelings and his lost loves. So women have more appeal when they do that.

I don't remember the first doll that I had, but I do remember my first fado. I never had a teacher. There are no schools for teaching fado. It's an oral tradition, and you learn it on the street, in the tavernas, and in the fado houses.

In fado, you can sing about joy, love, lost love, jealousy, happiness, sadness, as well as sausade - every part of it is being human. You don't have to be a melancholic or sad person to sing this type of music. You just have to feel it. For me, fado is something completely natural. It's like breathing."
- Mariza


moving lyrics from one of my favorite songs tonight:

Puedo decir que está vacía cada una de estas calles. Puedo decir que veo gente y sin embargo no veo a nadie. Puedo decir que solo los coches me duermen. Puedo demostrar que no respiro el aire que todos respiran. Puedo decir que soy el último testigo de un jardín perdido que nadie habita. Y ahora que mi tiempo ya se acaba no puedo explicar por qué te has ido. No puedo decir tu nombre sin escalofríos. Alma, me dueles en el alma. Te busco como un loco cada noche en mi ventana. No puedo dormir sin el latido de tu voz. Me miro en tu mirada y no veo nada. Alma, me dueles en el alma...Puedo subirme a los tejados donde solo vive el viento. Puedo describirte en el colmado de mi mente donde fado cantan los viejos. Y ahora que mi tiempo ya se acaba no puedo explicar porque te has ido..."

snapshots from Mariza's powerful performance