CASIMIRA

CASIMIRA
HERstory through ART
With words and images, I am telling my story.

Through art, I am remembering HERstory...

I've been blogging daily since 2007.

Follow me on HERE and HERE for daily posts...

S H O P online...original artwork, prints, totes, and more...


SHOP ONLINE

SHOP ONLINE
original artwork, prints and more...

Updated Daily: January 2007 - February 2020

SEARCH ARCHIVES

Tuesday, January 5

floating world

I just love this series of recent photographs
I see people in the world throw away their lives lusting after things, never able to satisfy their desires, falling into deep despair and torturing themselves. Even if they get what they want, how long will they be able to enjoy it? For one heavenly pleasure they suffer ten torments of hell, binding themselves more firmly to the grindstone. Such people are like monkeys frantically grasping for the moon in the water and then falling into a whirlpool. How endlessly those caught up in the floating world suffer. - Ryōkan Taigu (1758–1831)


a quote that found me after morning meditation