CASIMIRA

CASIMIRA
HERstory through ART
With words and images, I am telling my story.

Through art, I am remembering HERstory...

I've been blogging daily since 2007.

Follow me on HERE and HERE for daily posts...

S H O P online...original artwork, prints, totes, and more...


SHOP ONLINE

SHOP ONLINE
original artwork, prints and more...

Updated Daily: January 2007 - February 2020

SEARCH ARCHIVES

Monday, June 23

under pressure

- roses reminding me to stay open -
"Pressure pushing down on me, 
pressing down on you...
Under pressure that burns a building down, 
splits a family in two, puts people on streets...

It's the terror of knowing what this world is about,
Watching some good friends screaming - Let Me Out!...

...These are the days  -  it never rains but it pours...

Turned away from it all like a blind man,
Sat on a fence but it dont' work.
Keep coming up with love but it's so slashed and torn
why, why, why?

Love.

Insanity laughs under pressure we're cracking,
Can't we give ourselves one more chance?
Why can't we give love that one more chance?
Why can't we give love, give love, give love, give love, give love...

'Cause love's such an old-fahioned word -
and love dares you to care for the people on the edge of the night
and love dares you to change our way of caring about ourselves
this is our last dance
this is ourselves
under pressure
under pressure
pressure..." 

- Queen and David Bowie serenade me this morning while Ernest Hemingway reminds me that courage is grace under pressure.