CASIMIRA

CASIMIRA
HERstory through ART
With words and images, I am telling my story.

Through art, I am remembering HERstory...

I've been blogging daily since 2007.

Follow me on HERE and HERE for daily posts...

S H O P online...original artwork, prints, totes, and more...


SHOP ONLINE

SHOP ONLINE
original artwork, prints and more...

Updated Daily: January 2007 - February 2020

SEARCH ARCHIVES

Monday, December 29

his love lives on

- my beloved father-in-law on one of the countless walks we shared -

One week ago today, I was both honored and humbled to witness a beloved's final breaths. 

Such intimate and sacred moments, meant only for those who knew and truly loved him through the years...

I memorized his strong yet gentle hands...

I memorized his perfect rosebud lips...

"Do not stand at my grave and weep. 
I am not there. 
I do not sleep. 
I am a thousand winds that blow. 
I am the diamond glints on snow. 
I am the sunlight on ripened grain. 
I am the gentle autumn rain. 

When you awaken in the morning's hush, 
I am the swift uplifting rush 
of quiet birds in circled flight. 

I am the soft stars that shine at night. 
Do not stand at my grave and cry; 
I am not there. I did not die." 

- Mary Elizabeth Frye (1905-2004)