CASIMIRA

CASIMIRA
HERstory through ART
With words and images, I am telling my story.

Through art, I am remembering HERstory...

I've been blogging daily since 2007.

Follow me on HERE and HERE for daily posts...

S H O P online...original artwork, prints, totes, and more...


SHOP ONLINE

SHOP ONLINE
original artwork, prints and more...

Updated Daily: January 2007 - February 2020

SEARCH ARCHIVES

Monday, April 11

a very large love


"My life so far
Has been like
Trying to put a very large love
Through a pinhole.

I have tried to make myself
Small enough to fit into this world.

But finally the shell has rent in two,
And the shrine of my being has emerged.


We are guided home on an invisible thread -- One day the distance between ourselves and the hole simply disappears.

And then the love fits perfectly.


There is so much work to do in this world  --

When we could simply choose

To be estastically happy.

To take rocks and driftwood and build an altar 

To all that is good inside us,

And to set our one shining life

On fire."

- Tracey Schmidt


detail from mixed media on paper, circa 2007