CASIMIRA

CASIMIRA
HERstory through ART
With words and images, I am telling my story.

Through art, I am remembering HERstory...

I've been blogging daily since 2007.

Follow me on HERE and HERE for daily posts...

S H O P online...original artwork, prints, totes, and more...


SHOP ONLINE

SHOP ONLINE
original artwork, prints and more...

Updated Daily: January 2007 - February 2020

SEARCH ARCHIVES

Sunday, March 22

just be

2009 mixed media from a series
The flower doesn’t even know it is giving fragrance. Does it say, ‘Here is a nice person; I want to be extra nice and give her some fragrance?’ A candle doesn’t even know that it is giving light. It is just light. Does the candle say, ‘Hey, look. I’m here wasting my time; I’m melting away. Come, read or write something?’ No. The candle is just there. That is what a Karma Yogi is. Just by that yogi’s very presence, people enjoy the light, people enjoy the smell, people get the benefit. But, if you feel, ‘I wanted to give, but nobody wanted to receive; I’m wasting my time,’ then you are unhappy. Do you think that people are waiting around for you to give them something? Nobody is waiting for your gift. But, when they are hungry, they will take it. So, just be. Don’t try to become.

God bless you. OM Shanti, Shanti, Shanti.

- H. H. Swami Satchidananda (1914—2002)

my wise Gurudev...exactly what I needed to hear today...