CASIMIRA

CASIMIRA
HERstory through ART
With words and images, I am telling my story.

Through art, I am remembering HERstory...

I've been blogging daily since 2007.

Follow me on HERE and HERE for daily posts...

S H O P online...original artwork, prints, totes, and more...


SHOP ONLINE

SHOP ONLINE
original artwork, prints and more...

Updated Daily: January 2007 - February 2020

SEARCH ARCHIVES

Wednesday, December 16

beloved grand father

2007 mixed media series inspired by Andy Warhol
nací siendo la nieta, quizás la predilecta de
Guillermo Sevilla-Sacasa
mi bello Popo de colonias y cuentos


Popo quien me enseño a dibujar
a jugar con palabras
a platicar con seguridad


a ser una verdadera pavo-real-la
de plumas blancas y plateadas como las de las hadas


Popo, siempre impecable y notable
un genio genial y jovial
de medallas y honores
Popo de mis amores


siento su mirada noche y día
escucho sus consejos
segura que nos encontramos en mis sueños

originally published in 2007

Beloved Grand Father,
I ask for your wisdom, your guidance.
Give me strength to remain stoic...
...and ignore all the criticism around me.
Thank you for being a pillar in my life.
I love you,
julia casimira