CASIMIRA

CASIMIRA
HERstory through ART
With words and images, I am telling my story.

Through art, I am remembering HERstory...

I've been blogging daily since 2007.

Follow me on HERE and HERE for daily posts...

S H O P online...original artwork, prints, totes, and more...


SHOP ONLINE

SHOP ONLINE
original artwork, prints and more...

Updated Daily: January 2007 - February 2020

SEARCH ARCHIVES

Tuesday, May 16

worthy of being loved



"I hope he calls you in the morning

after a night of sleeping in a big, empty bed


Just to say good morning


Just to hear your voice
as it is the only wake up call
he needs.

I hope he cooks you breakfast 
Knowing how you like your eggs
how you take your coffee
how little or how much you wish to speak.
I hope he cooks you dinner, too
For no reason at all.

I hope he holds your hand proudly
as you walk through a room
of people you don’t know.

I hope he builds you up
until you are standing on a pedestal
of your own creation.

I hope he encourages you to make art
take risks
travel the world
be alone -
always knowing that you’ll be back
home in his warm embrace
as long as his heart is open.

I hope he wears his heart on his sleeve
and is not shy
to adorn yours
as well.


I hope he is the kind of person
who, when presented with the ocean,
will not shy away
from diving in
to ride the waves.


I hope he is all of himself
unafraid to own
his stories
no matter how dark they may seem.


I hope he can see that all of you
is in the stars
poking through
the dark sky
of your past.


I hope he is not scared
by your ability to choose growth
your ability to not be held hostage
by the person you were yesterday
last week
last year.


I hope his attention span
is as long as every word
that exits your mouth
your heart.


I hope that he hears your truth
and meets it with gratitude
for your vulnerability.


I hope he loves you
in a way you didn’t know love existed.
For you have only seen love
in other places
with shaky ground that fell
beneath your hopeful feet.


This is who I hope
for you—
Because you are worthy
of being loved
by a heart so bright
the sun blushes
in admiration."

- Annabelle Blythe

I found this within the pages of one of my journals tonight
image is a mixed media on paper, 2013