CASIMIRA

CASIMIRA
HERstory through ART
With words and images, I am telling my story.

Through art, I am remembering HERstory...

I've been blogging daily since 2007.

Follow me on HERE and HERE for daily posts...

S H O P online...original artwork, prints, totes, and more...


SHOP ONLINE

SHOP ONLINE
original artwork, prints and more...

Updated Daily: January 2007 - February 2020

SEARCH ARCHIVES

Sunday, December 3

renunciation


I have started re-reading the amazing book, "Living Beautifully with Uncertainty and Change" by Pema Chodron.

On this full moon I contemplate these words of wisdom:

"For one day (or one day a week), refrain from something you habitually do to run away, to escape. Pick something concrete, such as overeating or excessive sleeping or over-working or spending too much time texting or checking emails. Make a commitment to yourself to gently and compassionately work with refraining from this habit for this one day. Really commit to if. Do this with the intention that it will put you in touch with the underlying anxiety or uncertainty that you've been avoiding. Do it and see what you discover."

- Pema Chodron 

detail from mixed media on canvas, 2017