CASIMIRA

CASIMIRA
HERstory through ART
With words and images, I am telling my story.

Through art, I am remembering HERstory...

I've been blogging daily since 2007.

Follow me on HERE and HERE for daily posts...

S H O P online...original artwork, prints, totes, and more...


SHOP ONLINE

SHOP ONLINE
original artwork, prints and more...

Updated Daily: January 2007 - February 2020

SEARCH ARCHIVES

Wednesday, June 20

the dog model

Duchess, my Mom's adorable puppyDON’T MOVE -- she whispered in excitement.

As I flowed from COBRA into DOG, our guest yoga instructor asked me to hold my pose while the rest of the class watched. There I was, on all fours, facing down, with my J.Lo in the air, while she used me as a model:

Her body is an inverted V – she has achieved a straight line from hands to shoulders to hips with straight arms and legs...an ideal Adhomukha Svanasana. This pose stimulates energy levels and rejuvenates the entire body. It is meant to resemble the shape of a dog stretching itself out.

The demonstration seemed to last forever. After class, everyone thanked me for my Downward Facing Dog. I suspect Duchess would be proud...