CASIMIRA

CASIMIRA
HERstory through ART
With words and images, I am telling my story.

Through art, I am remembering HERstory...

I've been blogging daily since 2007.

Follow me on HERE and HERE for daily posts...

S H O P online...original artwork, prints, totes, and more...


SHOP ONLINE

SHOP ONLINE
original artwork, prints and more...

Updated Daily: January 2007 - February 2020

SEARCH ARCHIVES

Friday, June 22

prayer for peace

2007 mixed media
Lord, make me a channel of your peace,

That where there is hatred,I may bring love:

Where there is wrong,I may bring the spirit of forgiveness:

Where there is discord,I may bring harmony:

Where there is error,I may bring truth:

Where there is doubt,I may bring faith:

Where there is despair,I may bring hope:

Where there are shadows,I may bring light:

Where there is sadness,I may bring joy:

Lord, grant I may seek rather

To comfort than to be comforted;

To understand than to be understood;

To love than to be loved;

For it is by forgetting self
That one finds,

It is by forgiving
That one is forgiven,

It is by dying
That one awakens to eternal life.
Amen.

- "Prayer for Peace" by Mother Teresa and The Sisters of Charity
adapted from the Prayer of St. Francis


one of my favorite prayers