CASIMIRA

CASIMIRA
HERstory through ART
With words and images, I am telling my story.

Through art, I am remembering HERstory...

I've been blogging daily since 2007.

Follow me on HERE and HERE for daily posts...

S H O P online...original artwork, prints, totes, and more...


SHOP ONLINE

SHOP ONLINE
original artwork, prints and more...

Updated Daily: January 2007 - February 2020

SEARCH ARCHIVES

Monday, August 26

metamorfosis

- 2013 mixed media on paper -
¿De dónde viene esa mirada
que a veces sube hasta mis ojos
cuando los dejo sobre un rostro
descansar de tantas distancias?

Es como un agua de cisterna
que brota desde su misterio,
profundidad fuera del tiempo
donde el recuerdo oscuro tiembla

Metamorfosis, doble rapto
que me descubre el ser distinto
tras esa identidad que finjo
con el mirar enajenado.


- Julio Cortazar

* * *
Exactly where does that look come from
which sometimes rises to meet my eyes
when from a long way off I let them
come to rest on a face?

It's like the water in a reservoir
welling up out of its mystery,
a depth on the other side of time
trembling with some dark memory.

Transformation, double enchantment
exposing in me a different self
behind that person I pretend to be
whose look is focused on something else.

- Julio Cortazar translated by Stephen Kessler