CASIMIRA

CASIMIRA
HERstory through ART
With words and images, I am telling my story.

Through art, I am remembering HERstory...

I've been blogging daily since 2007.

Follow me on HERE and HERE for daily posts...

S H O P online...original artwork, prints, totes, and more...


SHOP ONLINE

SHOP ONLINE
original artwork, prints and more...

Updated Daily: January 2007 - February 2020

SEARCH ARCHIVES

Sunday, March 18

nicaragua: imports & exports 1962

2007 "GREENTAPE" photographic study














"At school Meg was tired and her eyelids sagged and her mind wandered. In social studies she was asked to name the principle imports and exports of Nicaragua, and though she had looked them up dutifully the evening before, now she could remember none of them. The teacher was sarcastic, the rest of the class laughed, and she flung herself down in her seat in a fury. “Who cares about the imports and exports of Nicaragua, anyhow?” she muttered."

© 1962 Madeleine L’Engle from her book “A Wrinkle In Time"

which I am currently re-reading thanks to B.C. in N.Y.C.