CASIMIRA

CASIMIRA
HERstory through ART
With words and images, I am telling my story.

Through art, I am remembering HERstory...

I've been blogging daily since 2007.

Follow me on HERE and HERE for daily posts...

S H O P online...original artwork, prints, totes, and more...


SHOP ONLINE

SHOP ONLINE
original artwork, prints and more...

Updated Daily: January 2007 - February 2020

SEARCH ARCHIVES

Saturday, June 16

paris in june

...and so they decided that they would visit Paris every June for the rest of their lives. Paris was where they first met and became friends. Paris was where they flirted with child-like innocence and play. Paris had witnessed their first embrace and their very first French-kiss. Paris had baptized them with showers of passion and joy... (excerpt from a short story in progress)

Paris in June....I can visit Paris at any moment...

First, I put on my favorite French music and begin to sing along...and dance like Isadora Duncan...

Des yeux qui font baisser les miens
Un rire qui se perd sur sa bouche
Voilà le portrait sans retouche
De l'homme auquel j'appartiens

Quand il me prend dans ses bras
Il me parle tout bas
Je vois la vie en rose
Il me dit des mots d'amour
Des mots de tous les jours
Et ça me fait quelque chose


While singing and dancing barefoot, I open a bottle of French red wine or champagne or Perrier depending on my mood and budget...include a fresh baguette with brie, oui, oui ...perhaps read some Anaïs Nin...nous sommes à Paris...

Although not necessary, it is fun to invite a friend to Paris...even better, take your lover...my lover also happens to be my husband who happens to be part French.