CASIMIRA

CASIMIRA
HERstory through ART
With words and images, I am telling my story.

Through art, I am remembering HERstory...

I've been blogging daily since 2007.

Follow me on HERE and HERE for daily posts...

S H O P online...original artwork, prints, totes, and more...


SHOP ONLINE

SHOP ONLINE
original artwork, prints and more...

Updated Daily: January 2007 - February 2020

SEARCH ARCHIVES

Tuesday, July 17

she just doesn't like brown

2007 Untitled mixed media study for sculpture
“Look at her, she is wearing brown all over. She must like brown. I didn’t mean to insult the girl. I just don’t like brown.”

- one of my neighbors as I walked down the hallway

I have been wearing a lot of brown lately, with touches of neutrals. Brown is a trustworthy color that combines well with any other color. Brown reminds me of earth and of my connection to her.

However, in India, the color brown is associated with death and mourning, some say because it resembles decaying leaves and flowers. The Nazi uniform was brown...a dirty brown.

The UPS logo and uniform are brown. A man in a brown suit...very 1970’s salesman, eh? Let us not forget brown sugar and milk chocolate. What about brown-bag lunches? I do dislike how a banana is able to flavor my sandwich, but brown bananas do make good bread for tea (which is also a beautiful brown). Delicious raw almonds are brown. My eyes are brown. My hair is brown.

I suppose my blue-eyed, white-haired octogenarian neighbor just doesn’t like brown...