CASIMIRA

CASIMIRA
HERstory through ART
With words and images, I am telling my story.

Through art, I am remembering HERstory...

I've been blogging daily since 2007.

Follow me on HERE and HERE for daily posts...

S H O P online...original artwork, prints, totes, and more...


SHOP ONLINE

SHOP ONLINE
original artwork, prints and more...

Updated Daily: January 2007 - February 2020

SEARCH ARCHIVES

Friday, June 20

Kateri Tekakwitha

2008 mixed media
O Great Spirit, whose voice I hear in the winds, and whose breath gives life to the entire world, hear me! I am small and weak. I need your strength and wisdom.

Let me walk in beauty, and make my eyes ever behold the red and purple sunset.

Make my hands respect the things you have made and my ears sharp to hear your voice.

Make me wise so that I may understand the things you have taught my people.

Let me learn the lessons you have hidden in every leaf and rock.

I seek strength, not to be greater than my sister or brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Make me always ready to come to you with hands cleansed and eyes straight.

So when life fades, like the evening sunset, my spirit may come to you without shame.

- Kateri Tekakwitha (1658-1680)


Today we celebrate the Summer Solstice.
Today we celebrate Mother Earth and all of her bounty.
Blessed are we to live on this great planet...