CASIMIRA

CASIMIRA
HERstory through ART
With words and images, I am telling my story.

Through art, I am remembering HERstory...

I've been blogging daily since 2007.

Follow me on HERE and HERE for daily posts...

S H O P online...original artwork, prints, totes, and more...


SHOP ONLINE

SHOP ONLINE
original artwork, prints and more...

Updated Daily: January 2007 - February 2020

SEARCH ARCHIVES

Saturday, September 26

daisies to diamonds

2005 Untitled hand-dyed silk detail








ribbons in her hair
a flower tucked behind an ear
rubber bands as bracelets
mother’s pearls - what pleasure
a crown of paper and a feather
oh nymph - oh fairy princess !


Always adoring adornments, from daisies to diamonds, if I thought it magical I was wearing it. Grand Mother initiated me by personally piercing my ears with gold when I was but two weeks old. Since then, adornments developed into a form of silent, almost sacred communication. Every piece I conceive carries a bit of my soul, paying respectful homage to my Muse, Mother Nature. A decade ago, after creating the first wearable sculpture I wrote, “…like the human soul, no two are alike…” It is still true today.

originally published in January 2007