CASIMIRA

CASIMIRA
HERstory through ART
With words and images, I am telling my story.

Through art, I am remembering HERstory...

I've been blogging daily since 2007.

Follow me on HERE and HERE for daily posts...

S H O P online...original artwork, prints, totes, and more...


SHOP ONLINE

SHOP ONLINE
original artwork, prints and more...

Updated Daily: January 2007 - February 2020

SEARCH ARCHIVES

Sunday, February 14

the secret to Valentine's Day


I have always dismissed Valentine's Day as a commercialized "Hallmark" holiday. I have often wondered why couples would elect February 14th to become engaged or to get married, but that is JUST ME.

I personally don't find the romance in a day dedicated to hearts, chocolate and red roses...

I recently had a revelation. In order FOR ME to enjoy this silly, cheesy day, I need to access and celebrate my inner child...the little girl in me who loves to play and laugh...the "tween" in me who finds romance everywhere...

...and for those dear ones who have become engaged or married today, Happy Anniversary...


snapshots: a little Valentine's Day altar at home and silly paper hearts created at a fun-filled play date with my son and his cousins yesterday