CASIMIRA

CASIMIRA
HERstory through ART
With words and images, I am telling my story.

Through art, I am remembering HERstory...

I've been blogging daily since 2007.

Follow me on HERE and HERE for daily posts...

S H O P online...original artwork, prints, totes, and more...


SHOP ONLINE

SHOP ONLINE
original artwork, prints and more...

Updated Daily: January 2007 - February 2020

SEARCH ARCHIVES

Thursday, June 19

snake reiki

"Reiki was founded by Mikao Usui in the early 1920's...Reiki is a spiritual practice that facilitates a subtle vibrational connection promoting balance and well-being at all levels of the human experience: physical, emotional, mental and spiritual." 
- Diane Armstrong, Reiki Master

My son and I have a favorite morning ritual of reading in bed. One of our book selections today was, "A Pet Named Sneaker" by Joan Heilbroner with illustrations by Pascal Lemaitre. When we turned to the page pictured above, my 5-year-old son exclaimed:

"MAMA, it looks like the kids are doing Reiki on the snake!" 


Just for today, do not worry.

Just for today, do not anger.

Honor your parents, teachers and elders.

Earn your living honestly.

Show gratitude to every living thing.

- Reiki Precepts from Mikao Usui translated by Mrs. Tanaka