CASIMIRA

CASIMIRA
HERstory through ART
With words and images, I am telling my story.

Through art, I am remembering HERstory...

I've been blogging daily since 2007.

Follow me on HERE and HERE for daily posts...

S H O P online...original artwork, prints, totes, and more...


SHOP ONLINE

SHOP ONLINE
original artwork, prints and more...

Updated Daily: January 2007 - February 2020

SEARCH ARCHIVES

Sunday, January 3

you pushed me away so I offered space


"In the days and months in future present moments when I remember you, I would like to remember that you were always lost to me.


I would like to see that you showed me a view through a window that was opened, but we never climbed outside to play in the tall grass...

...And then you left and our two lives unraveled: I went this way and you went that way, our dreams no longer entwined.

And I kept my horses reined in, and they did not mind, for they share my proud spirit, and they feel sure that some day soon I shall let them run.

But even without our dreams I would like to remember your hair and eyes and stripes and the golden things that we did together. And most of all your kind command. I would like to see you revolving a world even if it is not mine.

And it was one of our only evenings: seven, eight...not more than eleven or fourteen or fifteen in all. I would like to recall how I was tired, walking across the bridge over the roaring white river in the night...

...You mined my depths, and you found space many fathoms deep, and you kept drilling, and you hit bedrock, but you wanted oil...

...I was sleepy with good hot tea and you and I sitting on the worn Persian rug and in those moments I lost you. Any breeze can take an entire future away from any one of us...

...we will enjoy many succinct times where friendship gilds daily life.

This is our dance.

I reached out, sweetly, with confidence

You assented, with a shy smile

I stepped forward again, straightforward 

You invited me in

We fell in to step with one another, a coming together.

Then you slowed me down and pushed me away and I stepped back.

And then you called to me, not to leave 

I listened and stepped forward 

and then you pushed me away and called to me simultaneously so I offered space.

And then you stopped me from leaving and came to me

And I returned to your fold and we came together, again

And then you pushed me away a fifth time,

And I was done, and you were offended at my displeasure,

And I let you drop."
- Waylon H. Lewis

snapshots of my son enjoying the Freer Gallery of Art on the last day before it closes for renovations through 2017