CASIMIRA

CASIMIRA
HERstory through ART
With words and images, I am telling my story.

Through art, I am remembering HERstory...

I've been blogging daily since 2007.

Follow me on HERE and HERE for daily posts...

S H O P online...original artwork, prints, totes, and more...


SHOP ONLINE

SHOP ONLINE
original artwork, prints and more...

Updated Daily: January 2007 - February 2020

SEARCH ARCHIVES

Wednesday, December 12

dancing mean reds












The holidays are full of "the mean reds" as Holly Golightly states in Truman Capote's Breakfast At Tiffany's.

Time is racing by. Another year gone - GONE - and exactly what did I accomplish? Did I lose those extra five, ten pounds? Did I publish that famous novel? Did I finally commit to having a baby? Did I clean out my storage? Will I ever....

"Listen...you know those days when you get the mean reds?" --Holly.

"The mean reds? You mean like the blues?" --Fred (Paul).

"No... the blues are because you're getting fat or because it's been raining too long. You're just sad, that's all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid and you don't know what you're afraid of. Do you ever get that feeling?" --Holly.

"Sure." --Fred (Paul).

"When I get it the only thing that does any good is to jump into a cab and go to Tiffany's. Calms me down right away." --Holly.

What gets me OUT of the "mean reds" is DANCING...and then MORE DANCING...just shaking it all out - all the fear, all the regret...dance it all away...