CASIMIRA

CASIMIRA
HERstory through ART
With words and images, I am telling my story.

Through art, I am remembering HERstory...

I've been blogging daily since 2007.

Follow me on HERE and HERE for daily posts...

S H O P online...original artwork, prints, totes, and more...


SHOP ONLINE

SHOP ONLINE
original artwork, prints and more...

Updated Daily: January 2007 - February 2020

SEARCH ARCHIVES

Tuesday, December 18

messages

detail from one of the messages
Have you ever had on odd day?
Or rather a day filled with odd messages from strangers?

Yesterday, while purchasing stamps, the post office clerk proclaimed:

Madonna? I have been giving out more Madonnas...
The Blessed Mother...I need blessings today!

An older gentleman in the stairway was kneeling and moaning. At first I thought he had fallen and was hurt, but then he smiled and in delightful broken English invited me:

Coomeee eh preye wit mi...preye wit meeeee...eh...eh...


I smiled back and decided to take the elevator, where a courier looked me in the eye and declared:

I wish I could get drunk, but I can’t...know what I mean?


The woman with a brand new bicycle, yelled from across the street:

I am getting my daughter on the road!


Finally, as I sorted junk mail at the end of the day, I encountered the following quote:

Rejoice in hope, be patient under trial, persevere in prayer.” – Romans 12:12

A glorious orange sun is rising as I type this morning...I shall REJOICE in HOPE...I shall be PATIENT under TRIAL...I shall PRESEVERE in PRAYER...the Blessed Mother shall bless me...I will pray with others who invite me...I won't give into my temptations...and perhaps I will get myself on the road...