CASIMIRA

CASIMIRA
HERstory through ART
With words and images, I am telling my story.

Through art, I am remembering HERstory...

I've been blogging daily since 2007.

Follow me on HERE and HERE for daily posts...

S H O P online...original artwork, prints, totes, and more...


SHOP ONLINE

SHOP ONLINE
original artwork, prints and more...

Updated Daily: January 2007 - February 2020

SEARCH ARCHIVES

Sunday, September 30

clutter

miscellaneous clutter or treasures?


My home is simple, edited, restrained when it comes to décor. No fancy over-sized flat-screens, no telephones, very little in terms of electronics, actually. Although I have a delicious red Italian designer sofa, my guests have been known to luxuriously lounge on top of pillows around the floor.

I meditate daily and practice yoga almost-religiously. I recycle. I give away. So why is it that I continue to have a tendency to collect CLUTTER?

Could it be my passion for books – the older, the better? Out-of-print, how divine! That strand of little amethysts that a friend sent me from Brazil but has yet to become a necklace. Magazine articles I will read one of these days. Old letters – those are my treasures! The skirt that will fit me when I lose those extra five pounds...a paper napkin with ideas for handbags...and the list goes on and on...

I have decided to (once again) re-read Karen Kingston’s book titled: CLEAR YOUR CLUTTTER with FENG SHUI, Free Yourself from Physical, Mental, Emotional, and Spiritual Clutter Forever.

“Affirm to yourself as you sort through your things, “It’s safe to let go.” Clearing clutter is about letting go and trusting the process of life to bring you what you need when you need it. Anything you are keeping “just in case,” you are keeping through fear.”
-- Karen Kingston