CASIMIRA

CASIMIRA
HERstory through ART
With words and images, I am telling my story.

Through art, I am remembering HERstory...

I've been blogging daily since 2007.

Follow me on HERE and HERE for daily posts...

S H O P online...original artwork, prints, totes, and more...


SHOP ONLINE

SHOP ONLINE
original artwork, prints and more...

Updated Daily: January 2007 - February 2020

SEARCH ARCHIVES

Thursday, December 20

no dancing 7-foot santa

quick sketch of my HOLIDAY ALTAR
I have yet to ever purchase a Christmas tree. It seems rather selfish and cruel to uproot a perfectly good living creature, sheer its branches into shape and bring it indoors to watch it slowly dry and die within a couple of weeks. I do dislike anything fake, especially plants and flowers. Plus, I don’t believe I would enjoy vacuuming pine needles.

So after gathering a few discarded bare branches from last Sunday’s windstorm I arranged them in three lacquered red vessels and hung holiday greetings from family and friends. No little flashing lights, no store-bought mass-produced ornaments...certainly no 7-foot dancing santa or singing reindeer with talking elves...that sort of display is best reserved for Disney World or public amusement parks.

The true spirit of Christmas risks being lost amidst lights, trees and decorations, packages and ribbons, gifts and last-minute shopping...

"Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store.
"Maybe Christmas...perhaps...means a bit more!"

- GRINCH from Dr. Seuss circa 1957