CASIMIRA

CASIMIRA
HERstory through ART
With words and images, I am telling my story.

Through art, I am remembering HERstory...

I've been blogging daily since 2007.

Follow me on HERE and HERE for daily posts...

S H O P online...original artwork, prints, totes, and more...


SHOP ONLINE

SHOP ONLINE
original artwork, prints and more...

Updated Daily: January 2007 - February 2020

SEARCH ARCHIVES

Friday, March 7

Dalida

2008 mixed media
Une femme qui vit à fond sa féminité est par là même l'égale des hommes.

- Dalida (1933-1987)
I agree that when a woman has the courage to fully embrace her femininity, she has access to her strength. However, although I am a staunch believer in equal rights, I do not wish to be a man’s equal...I am so much more...

Our femininity is our power. And by “femininity” I am not referring to wearing trendy pink fashions, being perfectly pretty and polite and religiously going to salons to have manicures, pedicures, waxings, highlights, botox and facials. Femininity has nothing to do with being a superficial Stepford wife. Let us not forget, Stepford wives are life-less trophy robots designed by men.

Femininity is way beyond the physical – it is a spiritual state of being. It is our intuition. It is our primordial energy that embodies the goddess – the mother...the Divine...