CASIMIRA

CASIMIRA
HERstory through ART
With words and images, I am telling my story.

Through art, I am remembering HERstory...

I've been blogging daily since 2007.

Follow me on HERE and HERE for daily posts...

S H O P online...original artwork, prints, totes, and more...


SHOP ONLINE

SHOP ONLINE
original artwork, prints and more...

Updated Daily: January 2007 - February 2020

SEARCH ARCHIVES

Friday, November 7

sixteen going on seventeen


Once upon a time I wore a leather bustier...

I remember borrowing it from my mother, who probably still fits into it.

A black leather bustier with embroidered roses...this is where my story may begin...

"You wait little girl,
on an empty stage,
for fate to turn the light on.

Your life little girl,
is an empty page,
that men will want to write on.

You are 16 going on 17,
Baby, it's time to think,
better beware,
be canny and careful,
Baby, you're on the brink.

You are 16 going on 17,
fellows will fall in line, 
eager young lads,
and grueways and cads,
will offer you fruit and wine.

Totally unprepared are you,
to face a world of men,
timid and shy and scared are you,
of things beyond your ken.

You need someone,
older and wiser,
telling you what to do..."
- Oscar Hammerstein & Richard Rodgers, circa 1959