CASIMIRA

CASIMIRA
HERstory through ART
With words and images, I am telling my story.

Through art, I am remembering HERstory...

I've been blogging daily since 2007.

Follow me on HERE and HERE for daily posts...

S H O P online...original artwork, prints, totes, and more...


SHOP ONLINE

SHOP ONLINE
original artwork, prints and more...

Updated Daily: January 2007 - February 2020

SEARCH ARCHIVES

Friday, June 12

an expired relationship

I love beets. I love to eat them and paint with their unforgiving, staining juices.  
Beets remind me of Grand Mother and God Mother. I can almost taste the unforgettable beet soup with Guru Spiritual Mother... 
Yesterday, I discovered a jar and a can of sliced beets...both had expired.  
What are we holding on to that has already expired? 
expired ideas 
expired relationships 
expired habits
This is from my 2010 journals.  With the exception of creamy nut butters, coconut mana and the occasional canned albacore or sardine for salads, I rarely consume anything out of a jar or can anymore.

A lot has changed...I doubt I am the same person I was only yesterday. I believe we have the ability to evolve with each conscious, mindful breath as we discover the depths our essence.

I am intrigued by the idea of expired relationships.  In our heart of hearts, we sense when a relationship begins to fade.  I am referring to all kinds of relationships - not only lovers, partners and spouses...

So can friendships be rekindled?  Are they even suppose to be?  Do we hold on to connections out of some sense of obligation, duty, honor or even guilt? Can relationships be recycled in some way?  What about karmic and co-dependant connections?  

So many questions. I am relieved to realize that I am okay with not having answers.  There more I learn and grow, the less I truly know...and I am relishing this sense of freedom and liberation.  

It is all a dance... Life is a wildly mysterious and wonderful dance...

from my journals